C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Sticker Fun

"Traveling through life with curiosity rather than judgement is how one finds the magic in each moment."  Erin Chatters 


I've been putting together a box of goodies for Eliza...my 6 year old art buddy. It's a little of this...and a little of that.....mostly from my stash.

Eliza is one of those little girls with a zest for life....curious about the world around her.....finding magic in every moment.

I've seen a few artists make their own stickers from mailing labels or those sticker dots you get at office supply stores.  I've never tried it....but thought it would be a fun project for Eliza to play with.  So I settled in a couple of evenings and experimented with a few....just to give her some ideas. And I'll add some blank stickers and labels to the box for her to create her own.

Then last night....I had an idea that I had to try.

I made her a set of rainbow Eliza stickers on a sheet of mailing labels.  It took a little fiddling....but once I figured out the best formatting my second try was a winner. 

Here's my little pile of sample stickers.....I used watercolors, regular makers and acrylic paint pens.

The one at the bottom was my first version with her name.  The margins were way off....and the individual rows too far about.....so I tried to salvage it by filling in some of the empty spaces with marker.

All of these could be cut even further...into skinny stips or 1/2 circles. Lots of possibilities.

This was my favorite....just lines with Crayola markers....easy peasy.  Sticker fun.....for a curious and magical little girl.   

   

I made the first version of the Eliza labels in a Pages document file. I could have changed the margins....but  couldn't make the lines close together. It didn't fully fill the labels....so wasn't all that successful.


 The second version I made in the layout format in my Pages program by unchecking the "document body" box. In this format I could do an individual text blocks for each line and put them as close together as I wanted to. I had complete control over the margins and it worked much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment