C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Family Table

I have wonderful memories of Thanksgivings growing up...they were a big deal. Sometimes we would gather at my grandmother's house...and sometimes at our home on the farm. It was a family day....from start to finish.  

My brother Doug posted these photos of the nine Miller kids on Facebook from Thanksgiving 1963 at my grandmother's house. Both my mom and my grandma had a knack for making the holiday table feel festive....especially my grandma. I can still picture the individual nut/treat cups next to our plates....and her fancy glasses filled with punch.  I loved the family all around the table.

        Back row: Marilyn, Becky, Angie   Front row: MaryAnn, LaVonn, Nancy

My siblings Becky, Angie, Edwin, and Rich are all dearly missed.

Edwin, Rich, Doug


Paul and I spent Thanksgiving with Margie at her place....the three of us had a delightful visit and dinner.  Margie had both of her birthday puzzle done on her table.  I'm so grateful for my puzzle partner!


This one is wooden.


The Thanksgiving morning sun on the pond....
Paul kept walking while I took photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment