C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Happy Birthday.....

 .....or as we say in our family: "Happy to you!"  Today is Paul's 64th birthday.....just one more year before he can be on Medicare.

We're counting down those days when we don't have to foot the whole bill for our health insurance. One and a half years for me. 

One of Paul's daily indulgences is reading our horoscopes.  This was his today....it's perfect:

Nov. 29, 2022:
You are warm, friendly and charismatic. You know how to deal with people. You are future-oriented and often concerned with your security.  This is the first year of a nice-year cycle, which means being flexible and having the courage to walk new paths."

I'm so proud of all that Paul accomplished during his career as a minister....and am so pleased he has found ways to use his skills and talents here in Maine during retirement. He still loves "talking church."


I've shared this photo before from 1978 when Paul met my parents for the first time over Thanksgiving break from college....and we celebrated his birthday.  But I can't remember if I mentioned that when he blew the candles out that were scattered about the table....he put his shirt in the cake.  He did made a good first impression....and my parents approved.
He's my guy......my warm, friendly and charismatic guy!



I've told this story before too....but in case you missed it you can click the link below to read one of my favorite stories about the 120 letters he wrote me back in 2007 when we lived apart for awhile.  Happy To You Paul!  You're the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment