C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Stars Of The Show

I was filling our bird feeder in the woods and looked for these little partridgeberries hidden under the leaves.  

I think I mention them every time I see them because they are one of my very favorite plants. They're like a special hidden secret this time of year.  
This is also the time of year I start to really see...
and appreciate the winter sky and the bare bones of the trees.


I love when you can actually see all the gnarly shapes of the branches....their black silhouettes against the ever changing sky make my heart sing.  During the other months the branches are outshined by their beautiful buds and lovely leaves. 


But this time of year....the bare trees and the beautiful winter skies 
are the stars of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment