C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 18, 2022

Strange Things

Subtitle: Bones...Body Parts....and Bits of Color

"Don't ever be ashamed of loving the strange things that make your weird little heart happy."  Elizabeth Gilbert.

One of the first things I checked out when I got home was my tiny little collection of berries.  They're still beautiful bits of color.....and they make my heart happy.
And this pile of Paul's of weird found objects were waiting on the counter when I got home. 

I think I can use these little hair ties somehow in my gel printing.

Who finds a perfect "P?"  Paul does.....and he knows I like strange found objects.
Speaking of strange things....I've posted about Alyson's bone collection before:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/08/alysons-bones.html

But during this trip I was blown away by the sheer volume and variety of her collections of bones....and body parts. This tiny collection includes teeth, cat claws, whiskers, snakeskin....and one tiny little bone.

I will admit....the cat whiskers were pretty cool.


And this tiny femur was spectacular.....as was this tooth.
Let's face it....it's all cool....in a creepy and strange kind of way. Alyson even has quite a collection of hair.


And this is just funny.

The bone I mentioned in the link above that we found for her is displayed in the box on the floor of her lani.     

And some larger bones are on a side table on the lani.....


....and this beautiful box of bones is in her living room.
It's fun to have weird collections that bring us joy. Carry on Alyson!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment