C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Fusing Experiment

Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of a city scene on our morning walk that catches my eye....and I just have to stop and soak it in.

I love all the layers of shapes and colors in this view: the contrasting fences....the brick chimney....the interesting roof lines....and the bright red bush.  And that beautiful purple sky flows right into my experiment.
I was quite fond of this chunky grass print and didn't necessarily want to cut it up. I printed it on deli paper with 3 layers of paint....a light base layer....and two layers using the grass as a mask.

Deli paper is pretty thin....which makes is perfect for collage....but nearly impossible to collage a piece this big without it buckling like crazy.  

So I tried and experiment and used the fusible webbing I use for fabric and ironed it onto a piece of mat board.  It worked perfectly!  It lays flat and ready frame.  It's 10 by 10 right now...and still could easily be cut up into smaller pieces.  

I did a little computer mockup.....and I think it would be really pretty framed.  I actually have a 2 or three other similar prints in different schemes.


This is the ghost print....the paint that was left on the plate after I pulled up the grass.  

Again...this was on deli paper....and I fused the print onto a page from an album insert....taking advantage of the words coming through the translucent deli paper. This could easily still be cut up to use in collage....and I think the layer of words give it some interest. The two make a great pair....of a successful fusing experiment.
And look at this beautiful puzzle all finished on Margie's board today....a gift from Linda.  I'm going to enjoy it too.  Thanks Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment