C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Stained Glass Shuffle

It always takes me a while to get back into my groove after being away....transitions are a challenge for me.  And when I immerse myself in a project like I did in Colorado....it stays with me for a while.

So for those who might be interested....I thought I would give a few perspective shots of Liz's place....and take you on a little tour.  And....I also wanted to share about the Shupe stained glass shuffle.  

(Warning....I had a Condo Board workshop tonight....so I'm finishing up this post very late for me....so the editing will be worse than usual.)

Liz's bedroom is off on it's own at one end of the condo to the left as you enter the front door....and the kitchen is to the right.  We only did a few things in the kitchen.....so I didn't take any photos...and you've already seen the bedroom.  

The kitchen is open to Liz's den/TV room....a warm and inviting space with a fireplace and sliding doors out to one end of her lani.  Do you see the stained glass panels there on the left above the bookcase?  They've done a bit of a shuffle.

Years ago I made stained glass pieces for all of Paul's family....Margie and Dave, Liz, and Alyson.  These three panels were originally made for Alyson's first home.  They fit perfectly in the passthrough between the kitchen and living room and softened the glare of the kitchen light.  She took them with her when she moved....but never had a place for them. So they recently got shuffled to Liz's and they fit perfectly in this spot above the bookcase.....it's like they were custom made for this spot.


This is what they look like from the other side.

And the piece I made for Margie and Dave's Colorado home has gotten shuffled to Alyson's lanai.  

I told the story of Margie and Dave's Mountain View here in this post: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-mountain-view.html

But this is the photo I love of it in the late afternoon light in their Greeley home during one of my visits.


And I already shared the piece I originally made for Liz....which she has shuffled to her new bedroom.


Now back to Liz's tour.

As you leave the den and kitchen area you enter the dining room and library area....and most importantly the puzzle area in the middle.  Liz always has a puzzle going....just like Margie and me. The table was a staging area for a while....so she can finally get one going again.


With the dining room finally finished....there is a nice flow and balance between the dining room and the library. It's now warm and cozy and tells a full story of the many layers of Liz's life and loves.



At the far end of the condo is another large bedroom and bath. Her husband Chuck  built this beautiful cabinet that you see through the doorway....which now holds Liz's puzzles. Chuck is missed.....he passed away a few years ago after a long illness.


Liz is using this as her project room/office and it's still a work in progress.  There will eventually be some sort of a fold out guest bed here....and for now it's the staging area and catch all room.  Everyone needs a room like this.  Liz has a desk and a nice long table near the window for her card making and other projects. It's a pleasant space with lots of potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment