C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Tasks and Chores

Early Wednesday morning I'm heading to Colorado for a week.  I'll be visiting Paul's sisters Liz and Alyson and our nephew Langston in Denver....but mostly I'll be helping Liz finish arranging and decorating her new condo.  

I was there a year ago helping her get started....and now she's asked me to come and help her finish.  I do enjoy this sort of thing....it taps into another creative side of my joyful puttering.

Liz has several collections and treasures including souvenirs and art from her world travels.....many of which have never been displayed. So we'll shop the house....puzzle it all together and see if we can finish what we started a year ago.

One of my projects last time was to fill and style 3 large bookshelves in Liz's living room: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/11/24-hours.html

So today....and the next couple of days will be mostly tasks and chores: finishing things outside....watering all the plants....making a few visits....and starting to make piles of things to pack.  Sometimes it's hard for me to leave the things that are right in front of me.....I love being home.  But once I get where I'm going....new and different things will be in front of me...and I'll embrace those too.

Last evening Paul and I sat outside for quite a while into the evening. It was 70 degrees....and the sunset was lovely.  I don't think there are many of these left....so we seized the opportunity and soaked up the season.



My sister gave me this battery operated candle that can either be just white....or rotate through the whole color spectrum.  When I was in the pink phase....it matched the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment