C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Nice Touch

"We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing." Louisa May Alcott

I know I've said it already.....but my favorite new technique to frame a simple collage or gelli print is to stitch it onto nice watercolor paper.  No matte needed....so this grass print that Alyson picked out is ready for an 8 x 10 frame.  

This is one of the prints I fused onto a book page....so the words peeking through are a nice touch. I think the simple stitch line adds another nice touch.

I've got a couple other little projects I'm going to do for Alyson. If you remember she's the queen of shadow boxes and printers drawers.....and the lover of tiny things. One of my tasks is modernizing this little shadow box she found at a thrift store. 

She likes some of the vintage backdrops...but there's too many of them....so I'm going to infuse some variety and color. I'm going to give her several options that can be removable.  Stay tuned.

And finally....I got some fun mail.  I had heard of the magazine "Where Women Create"...but I hadn't heard of "What Women Create."  Melodee had gotten a copy as a gift...and she passed it on to me.  

Sitting on top is a lovely handmade postcard from Roseanne....so much texture in her watercolor technique. It actually looks like it belongs on the actual cover.

I'm going to enjoy soaking in all the creativity in this magazine...but told Melodee that I may end up cutting it up when I'm done looking.  It's just what I do.  

It's filled with amazing images....textures.....and creative projects.
And the paper is really nice too.  This particular page included the quote I put at the top of the blog! 

"Every day I am grateful. The creative process is an ever-changing landscape and welcome journey in expressing oneself and hopefully inspiring others." Eryn Edgers Jackson

Well done Eryn....a featured artist who creates from things found in nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment