C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Changing Seasons

The theme for this week's Tiny Pages art Exchange is changing seasons.

Tracie's card went to Brenda.  She used a stiff credit type card to scrape on the tree trunks and sponged on watercolor for the leaves. 

The back is a watercolor leaf print. I love the effect on both and they certainly capture the wabi-sabi-ness of this changing season. Well done Tracie!   

My card went to Becky. The front was better in my head. I wanted to depict the four seasons in this little catalog fish scale design....but the color variation is a little too subtle. It's bright and cheery....and in the end maybe that is enough.

The back was a little more obvious. 

I did a little free motion stitch leaf on watercolor paper...painted it in and cut it out. Brenda's card is on its way to me....and I'll share Becky's card once Tracie has it.

Speaking of free motion stitching....I continue to work on homework for the Fabulous Free Motion class....but am squeezing into the nooks and crannies of my days. Here are a couple of recent assignments. The heart used some of the tutti frutti fabric I made from scraps.

Once I cut out the heart it already had fusible on the back so it was easy to attach to the background ready for free motion outlining. I LOVE this technique....it might be time for some fall leaves with scraps!

1 comment: