C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 21, 2024

Phew!

I record the CBS Sunday Morning news show every week and I watched the latest episode last evening. There was a segment on the larch tree...and what is called Larch Madness high in the Rocky Mountains of Washington state.  The larch is in the same family as the Hackmatack.....some of the only coniferous trees that turn bright yellow and lose their needles in the fall.

photo found online
It's the middle of Larch Madness in the Rockies now....and the trees are bright yellow and magnificent. It got me worried that I might be missing the change in Bessie....the hackmatack tree I've been watching. I would have walked right down then and there if it wasn't already dark.

But Paul and I visited Bessie this morning....and all I can say is Phew! I haven't missed anything! 


It was just before sunrise....so the lighting wasn't great for photos. But the sky was baby blue and pink....and Bessie's needles were still green. 

I'll be keeping a close eye on her for the next several weeks as she turns golden yellow.

   

Bessie is located at the very end of a new development on a new street...with new houses and new trees. There's a whole row of small red maples lining the street...and it's going to be fun to watching them grow up in all the seasons. They are already spectacular this fall. Bessie is in good company!

And just look at that sky! This is exactly the way it looked...and the way my camera caught it. The sun was just coming up behind us making everything look like a painting.

The first two cards arrived today....and I don't know who was more tickled...Margie or me. JOY!

And she stood up for the first time today! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment