C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 6, 2024

The Games People Play

I love going to the farm stand in the fall!

I came home with an teeny tiny pumpkin with a pretty darn good stem.        



And I love bringing home a beautiful pile of fresh produce.

I played a little mind game today....I cleaned a little then I sewed a little. I dusted a little then I sewed a little. I vacuumed a little...then I sewed a little. And it made for a delightfully joyful puttering day. 

This ended up being kind of a goofy piece...but the assignment...and the goal was to practice free motion stitching around objects and in directions.

There are a few lines that are programmed decorative stitches on my machine...but most of them are free motion patterns over fused fabrics.

It's wonky...it's whacky....and it was fun.

These stitchy doodles are a little wacky too.
Oh...the games people play!

1 comment:

  1. MaryAnn! I'll play games with you any time! Everything you featured today is spectacular. Heartwarming, heart opening, visually delightful, spiritually energizing.

    ReplyDelete