C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Date Day

Paul and I had a date this morning. Instead of an early morning walk we went a little later and walked around Evergreen Cemetery. It's lovey anytime of year....but especially spectacular in the fall. 

The sky was blue....the temperature was perfect...and there was an explosion of fall colors.



I'm always drawn to the ginkgo trees....and there were three or four in the cemetery.

I would love to be there when all the leaves drop on the same day.     

Our date continued downtown where we voted early at city hall.....so I'm also calling this a democracy date!

It seems timely that I finished the "Votes for Women" puzzle today. I absolutely loved doing this one. At first I thought I would name all these courageous women...and write a little about them here. But nothing about this past week went as expected....so I'll let the colorful puzzle image stand as it is.


I've corrected yesterday's post where I misspoke about the location of Larch Madness being in the Rocky Mountains of Washington state. I misunderstood what I heard in the segment and I'm sorry I got my geography wrong. It's never been my strong suit and I know nothing about the northwest. The Sunday Morning segment was in Washington State...but the Rockies don't go that far.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, I've returned from my travels with Dave to VA and WV; we are taking baby steps to get back in gear at home again. One of our stops as we drove from VA to the state park we were aiming for in WV was in Lewisburg WV where there is a spectacular ginkgo tree that is over 100 years old. I would LOVE to be there on leaf-drop day but on our two visits there, we've traveled through too early. This year the leaves were still green!

    Congrats to Paul on his being installed as the new Worship Minister at Blue Point Congregational Church!

    Give my best to Margie. I look forward to sending cheer and love her way by post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Dotty! I hope your trip was all that you hoped and needed it to be! And the fact that it took you to a hundred year old ginkgo tree is icing on the cake! Good luck with your transition back to your home life.

      Thanks for your kinds and supportive words....we are all holding our own.

      Delete