C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Claim to Fame

There were five cards and a postcard in Margie's mailbox today!  Pure JOY!

We had a fun family text exchange over Sam's recent claim to fame. He was playing four square with the kids at his school one day...and the Google Street View Camera Car came by catching them playing ball. It's now "live" on Google Maps.

That's Sam holding the ball and other staff and students are further down the street! 

It made me smile.
I thought I would do a little catch up on some of my homework projects for the Fabulous Free Motion class.  I haven't had a lot of time....and there are lots of flops....but I'm having fun being back at the sewing machine.

The wreath was stitched on a solid piece of fabric on top of the blue fabric...then I cut away the fabric between the stitching lines.  The leaves and berries were stitched onto fabric then cut out and glued on.

This was a sampler of stitches.



I did this continuous line drawing of one of my bottles of marbles a while back for another class. I also did it in stitch at the time....but gave it away so I decided to stitch it again as my homework for the "stitch like an artist" lesson.

I used Posca paint pens to color in a few of the marbles on the stitched piece.


Here's the real bottle...and here's the project from a few years ago!
You can read about it here.


And just last evening I tried the handwriting exercise using one of my favorite quotes and strips cut and fused from a colorful piece of fabric. 

Stitching cursive was harder than I thought.....and it was complicated by the confinement of the space.

I'm going to try another quote in a simpler format when I have time.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, YOUR claims to fame: you are fearless, fruitful, fabulous, and full of many patterns. I am blessed by my nightly visits to your bloggallery : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....bloggallery! How fun is that! Thanks Dotty!

      Delete