C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Should I Be Doing This?

It was cold enough for there to be a light frost overnight...and I was compelled to look closely on our morning walk.

This is the montage I sent to Alyson tonight. Since she is a fan of bones....I'm trying to include bones and skeletons I see on our routes during the Halloween season. And this skeleton was bigger than life.

Margie's story could be any of our stories so sharing it just may be helpful to someone. 

How often has one of us done something and we thought to ourselves....should I be doing this? I know I have. Margie was slipping on her shoes a few days ago as she was heading to lunch. Instead of sitting down to pull them over her heels....she bent down to help get them situated on her feet. Momentum took over and she fell and broke her hip. 

The surgical repair was successful...but she is facing a few medical hurdles before she can move from the hospital to rehab. Her spirits are still fairly good...and we've had some nice visits. But her almost 93 year old body is weary.

So next time you ask yourself should I be doing this? The answer might very well be...probably not.

But if you ask yourself should I be looking closely at the frost...or should I take the time after a long day to walk around the pond?...the answer should be a clear yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment