C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Tissue to Texture

Although I'm pretty excited about the next fabric pieces....I paused to mull over the paper piece while I was in Maine.

I have some beautiful art papers that will work well as some of the solid layers but I decided I needed to figure out a few more textural layers.


This morning I found a couple of different striped tissue papers in my stash that had similar vibrant colors as the folded catalog pages. It was the perfect time to try out Lynne's sandwich wrap as the base for collaging.  I started with something familiar...turning stripes into a pattern by cutting and shifting strips as I glued them down onto the wrap.


This was my first attempt. The sandwich wrap is fun because it's translucent and I like the wonky texture and shading from the overlapping parts. 

This was the second round....the tissue I stared with is on the left.  I did the same thing...overlapped the strips as I glued.


This is what it looked like on the work table while it was still wet...  



....and this is what it looks like held to the light....again, I love the texture.

I'm anxious to see how they'll look and feel when they're completely dry...but that will have to wait.  We're back in Lexington now but I'm going back on Monday for a few days. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment