C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 3, 2018

"For Free Fairy Mix "

It was one of those joy filled...every day kind of magic days. Some days you have to pay attention and look for it...other days it's in front of you every time you turn around.

It started with a couple photos from Paul...he's in Lexington, I'm in Maine....both of us were where we needed to be. There were things that caught his eye as he was heading into work this morning and he knew I would enjoy them....the early morning light creating long shadows on the Lexington Green....and the large, almost glowing rhododendron blooms. 

I don't know what I love more...the photos...or the guy who sent them.  Thank you Paul!
I had a couple of good visits with Margie...one of which was helping her get settled in to watch her beloved Colorado Rockies on MLB T.V.  Technology is a wonderful thing for someone so far from home. She'll never be a Red Sox fan....and that's just fine. We like the Rockies too!

Just as I was coming home I ran into Jody, a new friend and neighbor heading out for a walk.  I joined her and it was a great chance to visit and catch up...and certainly good to be walking on such a beautiful day.


Near the end of the walk we stumbled upon a sweet little red table by the side of the road with plants, rocks, and a precious little sign.


This adorable little bundle was tied up with a stem...and free for the taking.  I gently carried one home curious about the contents....and it did not disappoint.  Inside was a variety of leaves, dried petals and an evergreen twig.  I just about melted.  What a special little "for free fairy mix!"  Thank you to the precious little hands who put this together adding to my joy-ful day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment