C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mosquito Memories

I love this little guy....he sitting on the back patio in Maine.  Great memories of a sister weekend three years ago in Wisconsin when we visited a metal sculpture shop....we all bought mosquitos.  I wrote about here.  

This fall my sisters are gathering again in Maine at our condo. All the tickets are booked and I'm very excited.



For a while now Margie has been my priority while I've been in Maine.  But a little more that a week ago I planted some grass seed to fill in some bare spots in the back yard. Keeping it watered became a new priority.  Margie and I have been chuckling because she became second fiddle to the grass...and actually was a bit relieved.  She's doing quite well!  

Little baby grass is filling in and I'm leaving it in the hands of my son while I go back to Lexington for a few days.  We're hosting the first Hancock Church Grill in our back yard tomorrow night.  It's time for a party!
There's new grass and gardens...but the woods is the the show stopper of the backyard.  It's such a lovely and peaceful setting to put our feet up. Today was absolutely spectacular....all day long.  And hardly any live mosquitos....yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment