C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 8, 2018

Puttering Day

Today was a puttering day in and out of the house.  My nephew and his wife are flying in tonight from Wisconsin so it was time to do some long overdue cleaning inside and a little garden tending outside.  It feels good to tend to things.

No pictures of the clean bathrooms....but a few from the garden. This time of year my gardens are my art.

I wonder if people who have lots of daylilies deadhead every day. I have one plant....so it's pretty easy to keep up.  It's kind of a funny plant....one or two blooms at a time and only for a day. Then they quickly shrivel up and the next one opens. 




Do you see the daylily tucked in?


I have a wonderful large goats beard plant....and it's just about at its peak. It's kind of etherial....one of my favorites.

And this is one of the last blooms of this sweet lavender iris.

I can't remember what either one of these plants are....but they compliment each other nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment