C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Deserted

I've been working on the front and back gardens at the condo and I realized that I hadn't seen the bird in the nest that I wrote about in a while.  Generally she would sit in the tree and keep an eye on me while I worked and as soon as I disappeared would return to her nest in the wreath by the door.  I'm sure she was thrilled when we were in Lexington.

But because I hadn't seen her....I did the selfie nest shot again....and the place was deserted. No sign of the eggs on the ground anywhere. Can birds move their eggs?  Or did a predator get them?  I'm kind of relieved....but also kind of sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment