C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Abundance...Part Two

At the end of our morning walk yesterday I was drawn into the woods by an unusual splash of color...and I was absolutely blown away by what I found. 

Hundreds of tiny golden mushrooms were bursting from a stump.  It's was like a whole little village gathered for party....and I was invited.




As I explored further I found a teeny tiny bunch popping up by another stump.  These were about the size of my pinkie nail...I'm going to keep an eye on them.



I ended up spending quite a bit of time in the woods exploring parts I hadn't been before....it did not disappoint.

I'm not sure I would have believed that mushrooms could be this shade of purple had I not seen them with my own eyes.








 

And right there in the middle of the woods was an old tennis ball worn to a point that it looked like it belonged.  I love our little woods in the city! Abundance...indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment