C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Collecting Treasures


It was one of those days. The air was crisp and cool and it felt like fall...I enjoyed every minute of it! I fit in as much as I possibly could so it was hard to decide what to write about....it was all so awesome! 

But what get's top billing today is my love for all things wabi-sabi. I was inspired by and quite moved by a post called "Saturday...with some Wabi Sabi" by Philippa Stanton also known as 5ftinf.  She is one of my favorite artists and teachers.



As I was heading into church this morning I was quite taken with the bright and cheery hedge of zinnias along the rock wall.  But on closer look as I was heading home I was even more taken with were the spent blooms...the imperfect ones that we generally deadhead and discard.








Later in the afternoon I went back with a bag and a pair of clippers. To the average onlooker I was doing a public service...deadheading the spent blooms to tidy up the garden.  But in reality I was collecting treasures!






No comments:

Post a Comment