C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Source of Joy

I stopped in my tracks today when I came across this sweet autumn clematis along a neighbor's rock wall. 

It's another late bloomer so is such a treat this time of year. 

It took me right back to Connie's balcony garden where every spring  I would plant one in a pot in the corner.  To our delight it would take over the railing and was a daily source of joy for her...and that was a source of joy for me.

In 2014 we could hardly contain it.

The last several years we mixed it with moon flower coming from the other direction. We were even lucky enough to have timed it right to watch a few open in the early evening.

 

When Connie moved into a nursing room I blew up that 2014 view of her garden and hung it in her room.  You can read about it in this post called "Transition Project."  Her granddaughter now has that project....and hopefully it's a source of joy for her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment