C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Stack #3

I've confirmed with Dr. Adams that I'll be hanging my art in her office for both November and December...so I better get busy. I've got lots of ideas in several different media...but for the time being I'm sticking with fabric stacks. 

I just finished #3.  Maybe I need to come up with a better name....but for now they're just stacks.

This one is simple and serene.  I continue to love layering the Kaffe stripes and this time I fused strips from just one fabric.  I thought the panel paired nicely with this leafy batik and the beautiful hand dyed solids.



I top stitched just a few wavy lines on the top section....and chose a sweet little leaf stitch along the batik edges. I didn't want to take away from the beautiful indigo fabric on the bottom so chose tone on tone wavy lines.  It adds subtle texture without drawing too much attention. Since I didn't use batting there's no loft making it more like a piece of art than a quilt.
 It's mounted on a $2 repurposed Goodwill canvas and measures 8" by 20".


Like before I fused it onto a piece of interfacing to give it more stability for stitching...then glued it to just the top of the canvas. Since the fusible on the edges is still exposed I was able to wrap and iron/fuse it to the canvas. 

 

Wrap....clip....fuse....repeat...slick as a whistle and way easier than binding. It's a win win because this this technique is really working well for these pieces. 



I love this oversized view feature on the blog...it only works for long skinny images and I'm pretty pleased with this long skinny stack #3!




No comments:

Post a Comment