C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Napkin? or Art?

My niece Sandy commented that her family uses the same napkins as the one in the piece I've been working on.  It made me laugh out loud wondering how many people will recognize it.  I saw it as art....others are cleaning up during dinner with it.  We'll see.....

I added one more stripe strip on each side of the panel to give it more of a frame .....then bordered it with orange and yellow.
I chose olive polka dot fabric for the top and auditioned all kinds of ways to incorporate the napkin. What I liked best was using it vertically along the whole bottom section.  Because I wanted a more typical shape on this piece...not long and skinny....it wasn't conducive to multiple layers. That will be the next one. 

Now it's time for stitching.  I don't think I'll do any on the napkin part...that already has enough texture. The bigger issue is there's real potential to really screw it up.  But I'm going with the texture thing.


This image is cropped to get the basic idea what it's going to look like.  Does it read napkin? or art?

2 comments: