C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

"Dream a Little Dream"

"Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper 'I love you'
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me."  Gus Kahn

There's a large sycamore tree right outside the studio and dining room windows.  It's lovely all four seasons and is a huge source of joy for me.

Last fall I picked up a few pods that had fallen....and this is the only one that has held up.

 

From my studio window this morning I could see green orbs dangling from the tree...not unlike the pom poms in Copley Square.  When I went out to check it out I was thrilled to find a few on the ground.....seed pods make me giddy.

"Dream a little dream....."


No comments:

Post a Comment