C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My Sisters Are Coming!

Over the last several days I've put the art projects aside and have been fluffing and buffing getting ready for special guests.  My sisters are coming!....and one brother-in-law.

2013 sister gathering
Angie, Marilyn, Becky Nancy, LaVonn, MaryAnn
I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin with 8 siblings....5 were sisters.  In February of 2013 we had our first official sister gathering where we rallied around Becky, the oldest sister who had been ill.  A month later Becky died of breast cancer and she is dearly missed. Becky pushed us to gather...one of her last requests.....and it was awesome!

Of course we had seen each other at family reunions and once in a while we found ourselves all sitting at the same table....but we had never had done anything all together...just the sisters. So we're trying to keep it going.

Sister gathering....2015
MaryAnn, Marilyn, Angie, LaVonn, Nancy
The five of us gathered again in 2015 just before my sister Marilyn sold her house in the country in Central Wisconsin.

This week we're gathering at the condo in Maine. Angie flies into Boston from Missouri late tonight and Marilyn, LaVonn, Nancy and Tim get in on Thursday from Wisconsin and Minnesota....then we'll head to Maine.  Needless to say I'm more than excited. In order to be fully present...I may be in and out here on the blog. I'm certain there will be an abundance of joy...and maybe some of it will make it here.

My sisters are coming...yay!

Country roads of Wisconsin









No comments:

Post a Comment