C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 20, 2019

Effort and Attitude

This list came across my Pinterst feed a few days ago and it struck a chord.  I have more control over these 5 things than I know.....and when I pay attention to them it makes a positive difference in my day.

Inspired by young Greta Thunberg,  climate strikes were held around the world today demanding action to help our damaged and suffering planet. In solidarity the students at Lexington High marched out of class onto the football field and an overwhelming number of residents of all ages showed up to literally surround them in support. It would have been so easy to stay home...it was a beautiful day and there were so many things on my list. But I walked to the school with Paul and other Hancock Church members to show support for the students and the cause....words, actions, and effort.  I'm glad I went.

I love clean windows....but I don't love washing them so I don't do it very often.  Our windows are older and each has two separate storms and a screen and cleaning the outside requires wrestling with bushes to find room for my step stool....not much fun.  But today was the day....and my goal was to wash the 4 first floor windows facing the street because they were the worst.  I went into it with a positive attitude....put in the effort...and was thrilled when it was done. 

A long line of Lexington students marching out of the school...it gave me chills.


The view out one of my clean windows.


And just for fun....a view of the zinnias this morning at Hancock Church.  I'm grateful to Cheryl for planting them.....I'm going to be sure and thank her. 
Good manners are also completely in my control.


No comments:

Post a Comment