C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Good Start

Remember the sticks I wrapped in sock yarn a while back?  I never did anything with them at the time...and I still believe there will be the right project for them in mass....but I did find a use for a few. 

Margie and I had been talking about a simple wreath for her door that could be changed seasonally.....so I started with fall. 

I made my own wreath and tucked in some greens and a few of the wrapped sticks in fall colors. Nothing is glued in....so we can easily change it up for Christmas, winter, spring and summer.  It's going to be a fun little seasonal project for us....I think this is a good start.


I think the sticks add an unexpected splash of color and I will most certainly so this again....I really like it.
Puzzles continue to be just the right pastime for Margie right now and I loved seeing her newest finished ones today when I visited.  Way to go Margie...mostly for getting through the Boston/Fenway Park one with all that gray....and the fact that you're a Rockies fan!


Last night we played cards with Patsy and Brian....and I had to pause on my way in to celebrate their woodpiles....they're certainly ready for winter...or several winters I would say.

There is just something about the colors, textures, and shapes in wood pile that draw me in.  

I don't think anyone does wood piles better than Patsy and Brian.


No comments:

Post a Comment