C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Blend and Bleed

I was compelled to play with watercolor today just painting simple circles. I enjoyed watching the colors blend and bleed....and tried hard not to overwork them....something I usually do.

I turned this one into card #85 and added a few circles cut from my Sun Stars and Moon calendar scraps. I'm not loving the black around the glued circles....but the stitching border balances it a bit.

I splattered this one with paint that was too dark....
...but resolved it just a bit with the addition of some fused scraps from my stash for card #86.
I liked the orange and red one better before I added something...and the blue and green one better after.  You just never know.  


No comments:

Post a Comment