C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Match Boxes

I used to be able to get Diamond brand matches at the grocery store where the logo had a white edge so could be covered easily.  

I used images from Christmas cards and other colorful papers to cover each side and sold them at our church fair and a few other places....by the hundreds.  But the box design changed and the branding image now wraps around the edge making them impossible to cover.






I continue to make matches for Folly 101 but I buy plain white match boxes from an on-line party store. 

So....what's the point is of this story? 

I came across a whole bin of pre-cut match papers several days ago for the old kind of boxes....pretty useless now. It's hard for me to throw things like this away....but at some point they might have to go.




 But in the mean time over the last few days I used papers from the bin, a 
couple of punches, and a pair of scissors to make 3 more simple cards.
Used what I had....and honors the past.  Win win!


And....I had another evening doing something mindfully mindless that required absolutely no thought or creativity.  I planned ahead and cut all the papers for the inevitable Folly 101 Christmas match order. My future self will thank me!


No comments:

Post a Comment