C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Phew!

Waaaaay back in May of 2015 I started a stained glass piece for Jane's bathroom window.  They had just done a remodel of their beach house and there was a perfect spot for a piece in the small main floor bath.  I made good progress for a while....but life got in the way and years and years and years went by. You can read about it and see my inspiration with the link above.

At the beginning of the summer I set a goal to have it done by her daughter's beach wedding in early September....so I've been quietly picking away at it again over the past few months. I kept it quiet because I had totally lost confidence in my skills and I had no idea if I could pull it off.

On my way to Maine today....I delivered it....and all I can say is Phew! I think it's going to be OK. It will hang by little chains from the window moulding....but I'm going to let her husband and son install it.  In this photo it's just sitting on the sill.  I think the patchwork of textured clear glass is just lovely.

There's a good chance this may be my last piece of stain glass.  I played around with mosaic for my last show....and I think I like that process better. But we'll see....you just never know.

This piece is far from perfect....but I think it will be just fine.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment