C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 3, 2019

It Only Takes One

I have two small hydrangea bushes in Lexington that have done well in the past.  This year, however, I have only one small bloom between the two....but it's spectacular. It only takes one! The first picture was Wednesday....the second was today. I'm loving how the color is evolving.

 

It goes coordinates well with today's collage card.....one of my favorites.


Way back in 2011 I bought a sweet little desktop calendar with little flower arrangements and plants.  I loved the colors and whimsy and always knew I would do something with it.  I came across it in a little box that already had a few of the bouquets cut out including some punched squares. I finally did something with it for card #59.
The calendar images are just delightful....I wish I knew who the artist was.                                                                           

                                                                               

The foreground of the card was made using scraps from my March Folt Bolt project that I also used for #57.  Card #56 is a collection of blue and green project scraps that I couldn't bear to throw away.  The background is a copy I had of a post card that belonged to my grandmother Miller.




#58 is a silly watercolor doodle I found in a sketchbook. Very much overdone....but sometimes you need a quick one and it's good to honor our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment