C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 2, 2019

Praying Hands

One of my favorite hosta plants came from my sister Angie many years ago. Last year I moved a few pieces to the condo and it's thriving! I think Angie told me it was a corkscrew hosta... but after a little research on-line it looks more like the "praying hands" variety. 

It's small but stands tall and slender, is slow growing, and has a very interesting curly leaves.  Now that I look at it...it does look like praying hands. Angie has ongoing and persistent health concerns so needs lots of praying hands these days.

So it's official...I'm not calling it my corkscrew hosta anymore....it's "Angie's praying hands."

I weeded my way through the gardens at the condo this morning and happened upon quite a few mushrooms.

Mostly I leave them right where they are because of what I have learned about their benefits....but there were a few I had to pick up just to take a closer look.  I celebrated their beauty......then returned them to earth via my compost pile in the woods.

Say a little prayer for Angie...will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment