C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 23, 2019

Blue Mosaic

Today I made a third photo card....this time a little blue mosaic. I pulled a few more sky photos to punch and came across a photo of blue wool and thought it would add interesting texture. Punching new squares also gives me a chance to show my process again for making a photo mosaic.



Since the photographs have a white edgeI outline them with a sharpie....
giving them a nice little frame and the effect of grout.


This time I experimented with glueing them onto deli paper making them quite easy to re-punch.


It's helpful that I can see what I'm punching in the view finder.


 I outlined them again with the sharpie.


I didn't have enough to cover the card....and I wanted keep moving forward
so I stitched a reference line/frame to work within and glued on the mosaic squares.
Laziness?.....or good design?....maybe a little of both.


And there you have it....mosaic blues of #78. Generally I glue the original squares on black paper so white doesn't show between the small pieces....I think I like that better.  And I can see that I should have rotated a few so small pieces aren't right next to other small pieces....but all in all I think it works OK.
and...I think they make a colorful photo trio.


No comments:

Post a Comment