C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Rewards

Today was a chore day and there was a cool breeze all day long making the tasks a little more pleasant. I need about 5 more days just like this.


And....nature seemed to reward me for my work.

As I was watering the lawn I found one sycamore seed pod in the grass.  The sycamore is not doing well this year and I'm hoping it's the result of the difficult winter and not something more serious.  Hopefully next year it will come back in it's full glory.....and this green fuzzy pod gives me hope.



Then at the end of the afternoon I took my dinner and book to the patio and was entertained by a steady stream of birds enjoying the birdbath....chickadees, goldfinches, and one red cardinal.  We see birds fairly often....but not like today.

Thank you nature! I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment