C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Color Repeat

About this same time last year when I was wrapping sticks and wheat I was looking for yarn with a short color repeat which would create interesting patterns and stripes of color.  "Stacks" was my theme at the time....so sock yarns worked really well.

This ball of yarn got cast aside because the color repeat was too long...too much space between the color changes.  The texture and colors were yummy....but when wrapped on something skinny like a stick it didn't create the effect I was looking for. 


But last night I was compelled to wrap some wheat (Paul wonders if any other woman ever had that same need) and I embraced this yummy yarn creating a whole different rainbow effect. There's subtle texture in each color which gives each bundle interest and because all the yarn is from the same skein they coordinate beautifully.  I think they're scrumptious!  I may throw in a few striped ones too....but I'm kind of in love with this little bouquet!


No comments:

Post a Comment