C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 15, 2018

Adding Texture

I approach a show like I approach decorating.  I pick an inspiration for my theme and color scheme and weave it throughout to create flow and cohesion. For the last show I was inspired by trees and used common fabric choices spanning the whole color spectrum to create cohesion.

For this show the theme is the stripe stacks and once again I'm inspired by the bright color palette of these Kaffe Fassett fabrics. But it's important to me to bring in more texture this time....even if it's just for styling.




I found that sock yarn wrapped around sticks makes a fun pattern very similar to the stripe stacks. So over the last few weeks I've been wrapping sticks in the evening while watching TV. 

Now I just have to figure out what to do with them.                                                                                  

And....inspired by something I saw on Pinterest I just started wrapping bundles of wheat in sock yarn. I'm not sure if they will be displayed in a vase or mounted somehow ...but I think the texture will be a nice addition.

This is just round one. My fingers may be numb when I'm done.



I love that it creates a stripe stack!


And it pays to know the right people...because just today I got a pile of left overs from my friend Patsy's sock making.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment