C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 25, 2018

More Textures


Paul and I had a date this evening at the "Top of the East"at the Eastland Hotel with a lovely sunset and sweeping views of Portland and Casco Bay. 
Spectacular fall color along our walk....Portland is a beautiful city! 
                                                                              



In an attempt to use a variety of media....and the desire for still more textures I spent some time today working with wool.  Here's my first wool stack. 

I started by attaching vertical strips to fusible stabilizer to create the focal stripe stack.

 

Before top stitching I added fuzzy yarns in between the strips...again to add texture and to fill in the gap.

 
I used the same technique for the rest of the piece...cutting...fusing...stitching...trimming.


I picked up three of these 6 1/2 x 12 1/2 "Fine Wine" signs at a resale shop for a few dollars years ago and I finally have a use for them.  They are the perfect nest for the wool and the dark green weathered wood makes a nice frame.  I glued the piece in with gel medium.  I hope to make more.                                                                              
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment