C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 19, 2018

Beep Beep Beep!

It was a beautiful fall day today and included a nice walk and a productive day in the studio. I made progress on a few projects, reinvented one...and finished some others.

I mounted and added the hanging wire to the fall birch tree project...I'm pretty happy with it. It looks good on the wall.









This fire red maple stopped us in our tracks this morning...or at least it stopped me. Paul patiently waited while I snapped a few photos....he's good that way.





There's not much color left in the zinnia patch on our walking route...I've loved watching it go full circle.                                                                      
My wheat bouquet is growing! In hindsight some of them are a little too wild so I'll add a few more that are a little more tones down. We'll see where it ends up.



Did I mention they've been paving our whole condo complex over the past month or so.  Today they started the finish coat on our street and driveways so it was noisy and smelly all day long. I'm going to hear "beep beep beep" in my sleep.





2 comments:

  1. This is the first fall without my blaze red maple and I miss it!
    Love looking at the birch project mostly because we were playing with birch tree ideas together and you showed me that beautiful fabric. To see it come together is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! And yes....It's hard to let go of a tree!

    ReplyDelete