C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Reworked

Somewhat the same...yet a little different.

Yesterday I started fusing some of the stripe strips with a little bit of a curve...and with some solids mixed in. My intention was to do a whole piece this way.

The more I fused the more unhappy I became...so I let it sit.  The minute I looked at it again this morning I knew it was too much. So I sliced it apart and reworked it and this is where I ended up.

The solids are Kaffe Fassett shot cottons which are woven with two different colors for the warp and weft making the fabric rich and textural.

 
I used the dark gray thread that I've been liking for my top stitching....and again used simple wavy lines. I always fuse it to a piece stabilizer the size of the front of canvas. The top gets glued on and the sides get fused around the canvas.




No comments:

Post a Comment