C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Mojo

Clarke and her grandma...















....and progress out Margie's window.




While Clarke spent time with Margie...I worked on a very simple little piece to boost me out of my creative slump.  At first I thought I would do another tree piece...but I really didn't want to go there again. Trees were the focus for the last show and the one piece I made recently is enough this time....maybe one winter one for December.  Maybe.

This 10 x 10 combo of the stripe stacks and the confetti dot fabric is a nice variation on my ongoing theme.

I will likely do at least one more version of this in purples and the reds to round out pieces for the focal wall.  I also am going to fiddle around with some tiny stack pieces.  Maybe I'm getting my mojo back!

It's not glued down yet...but this piece will be mounted on a deep black repurposed canvas.


2 comments: