C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 5, 2018

Glueing and Waiting

I glued the glass onto the wooden base today for my second glass stack experiment.

The cutting and gluing went pretty fast but it took most of the day because there was lots of wait time while each side dried.
          
The focal layer is bright and happy and I kept the the rest of it pretty simple....I think it's going to be OK.  I really have to think about the grout color this time....all I know is it can't be just white.  

Anita and I also went to a quilt show here in Lexington this morning and this was my favorite.  It's made with many of the same Kaffe Fassett stripes I've been using in my stacks.  It reminds me of all the ways this fabric can be used to create a completely different look.  I think the transition of colors through the spectrum is very nicely done.  I thought I would be able to zoom into the name to give the artist credit....but it's too blurry. 
 

It was fun to see a postage stamp quilt by a friend of ours...Shirley Bergey.  It contains 6,715 pieces and is both hand and machine stitched.  Kind of mind boggling!


No comments:

Post a Comment