C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 7, 2018

It's Possible

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Margie (my mother-in-law) e-mailed me this morning saying that she could almost see the maple leaves turning right before her eyes out her window. "Is this possible? Is this the way it works?" she asked.  This is her first fall in New England...so she's in for a treat.

I was in Maine last weekend with my sisters and just got back again today and I noticed a dramatic change in the colors along the highway driving up in just a few short days.  This afternoon/evening Paul and I sat out on the back patio for several hours enjoying the woods.  A few days ago the woodland floor was still green....but tonight it was just glowing.  The ferns seemed to be turning yellow right before our eyes.

So yes, Margie, I think it's possible.

This particular maple in our yard has just gotten started....we loved this high branch with the crimson tip next to the orange...next to the yellow...next to the green.  How can you not celebrate this!








No comments:

Post a Comment