C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 4, 2018

October

I love October! You get days like today when there's a hint of summer....but clear signs of fall.

I went on a fall color collecting walk this morning and especially loved the trees that were both summer and fall.









I decided to give another glass piece a try....this time much smaller and more in keeping with the fabric pieces. 

I cut a variety of 1/4 inch strips of glass that I am going to chop up to create a "stack" pattern as a focal point. I'll add these tiny mosaic squares for interest and the pattern will wrap around the sides of a 5 X 10 deep wooden canvas.  Once I have this accent layer glued down I'll audition glass for the rest....keeping it simple and monochromatic.

I'll cut these pieces to fit as I glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment