C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 1, 2018

Winding Down

I'm not sure what kind of tree this is...but I loved these beautiful clusters of red berries Nancy and I saw on a walk yesterday.

The family gathering is winding down. I put 3 sisters and a brother--in-law on a 4:45 a.m. bus from Portland, ME to Logan Airport this morning and will take another sister to Logan tomorrow morning for a 6:00 flight.  It meant a lot to me that everyone made the effort to gather here....we had a fantastic time.

Yesterday was topped off with a private after hours tour of the Portland Observatory by my son Sam.  It was 107 steps to the top for spectacular 360 degree views of Portland, South Portland, and the islands of Casco Bay.

 



 

My sister Angie opted not to go because the stairs would have been too much but I took a video of the whole tour and she watched it this this afternoon.  All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment