C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fall Trees

I stopped in to see Margie yesterday....and got a glimpse of the row of maple trees that are starting to turn out her window.  It's going to be a colorful couple of weeks for her!


I had no idea when I snapped this next picture that I happened to catch what looks like a seagull flying overhead.



And here are my fall trees.  I'll eventually mount it on this 16 x 20 deep repurposed canvas....when I'm sure it's done.  This one is very linear....almost geometric. I may try a version that is a little looser....and I'll certainly do a version with more of a winter feel for December.  


The great thing about fusing...is all I had to do was turn the edges to the back and iron them down.  I fused it onto a piece of stiff interfacing and chose not to use any batting so it would lay nice and flat...more like a piece of art and less like a quilt.


It coordinates nicely with the fallish stacks....so may be the start of the focal wall for the show.  

4 comments: