C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Photo Stacks

It's time to get back to work on my stacks projects....only a month before I hang my next little show. Today I added stitching to one of the photo projects.

I chose a gray/black thread with a little sheen
to it...I think it makes a nice subtle outline. And I did decide to add a little gold ribbon as an accent.

 

I started with a narrower stripe stack...but wanted the photo to be oriented a little higher so added a few more strips....the rule of thirds is always in my mind.

It's a little tricky on these because there are two focal points....the actual horizon line in the photo...and the line created by the ribbon and fabric. Thank goodness it's not fastened to the matte yet because I can see in this photo that it's a little crooked. I'm going to enjoy playing around with these!


No comments:

Post a Comment