C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 26, 2018

Reinventing

Paul brings home some interesting things from his walks....he knows how much I love found objects.  Today it was a lovely aqua lacrosse ball.  Lucky me!
A while back I worked on a long quilt piece that I wasn't happy with.  I used some wild fabric...which happened to also be Kaffe Fassett fabric...but it just wasn't working for me. It didn't fit in. I had done all the top stitching and I kept trying to add elements to make it work....but there is sat in the reject pile.  Yes...there's a pile.

But this one had hope. I liked the top and the bottom...so I sliced it apart and am reinventing it to be more in keeping with the rest of the pieces.

 

I thought it needed something to make it a little more interesting...so I'm going to add fibers. Now I just have to figure out exactly how.

No comments:

Post a Comment