C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I'm Back!

It was both good and bad to be without my computer for a few days.  It was kind of nice being unplugged for a bit...but I missed the ease of connecting with people and my creative computer routines....including my evening blog post. So for better or worse I'm back.

It's hard to know where to start....so I'll begin at the end and work backwards over the last few days. While I was in Lexington I was busy with more glass projects.  I will likely write more about the process in another post but today you just get an overview...it's already late.

I had taken most of my fabric projects home so was able to spread them out on the dining room table with the new glass stacks. I think they are a good addition to the collection and something totally new for this third show.





I like this view below mostly because of a few things in the background....like the large foxtail fern I brought in from the back patio. I will winter it inside and take it back out in the spring. There is a lovely Rex Begonia there on the floor too.  It's good to have some of the fall chores done and my plants inside safe from frost.  And don't you love the little high chair?  I sat in that as a child as did my eight siblings.


The other thing in the background is my wabi-sabi wreath that I haven't had the heart to take apart.  I do really love it.  It's been sitting on the dining room table for all this time so had to be moved out of the way...maybe it's time take it apart. I'll save all the part...so they'll be back sometime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment